Thursday 1 October 2015

Racing UK, Airpur Desbois & My new wheels!!!!

I managed to see my horses on the gallops for the first time on Monday as I was driven up to see them and it worked quite well, although going over any bumps was quite an unpleasant experience!

We had a very busy Monday club at home - we had probably 11 people for lunch. I am taking quite a lot of morphine right now, which does make me quite drowsy, so I do tend to go to sleep rather quickly, although the only time I do not sleep is at night time, when I go to bed!

I have had a lot of visitors in to see me this week, which has been nice and I have received a very nice book in the post from Paul Mott, called “Horseback riding for Dummies”, which I have to say I found quite amusing.

Racing UK came round on Wednesday to film our 3rd lot working on the gallops and I think they were quite impressed with what they saw.

I had a massive bonus on Wednesday evening when I was loaned a Mobility Scooter, which I hope is going to make my life an awful lot easier and certainly Lilly’s. Lilly has had always hated exercise, so she thinks all her Christmas’s have come at once, as of course, she thinks the scooter was sent for her. She has become very fat lately and whilst I know it is a very good acquisition for myself, I am not sure that the same applies to her.






I managed to watch two lots schooling this morning. We had James Davies in to help schooling. They all jumped really well.

We have got our first lot of decent entries for this weekend, which include; Seventh Sky at Kelso, Le Legro at Fontwell, Aspasius at Huntingdon and Victor Leudorum at Uttoxeter. It will be nice to get a bit of action!

We ran Airpur Desbois at Chepstow yesterday and I must say, he ran very well in his first handicap, and on the back of that, we should be able to place him to win a race quite soon.







I would like to thank you all again for my cards and best wishes, and while it is going to take quite a long time to recover, it is definitely going the right way. I still can’t quite work out how I got so many injuries in one fall off a hunter!

No comments:

Post a Comment