Monday 19 October 2015

19th October

I managed to get my hot tub going again, after about a year of not having it and it is the most amazing release following accident as it gets me moving again, so I sit in it every night with a glass of white wine, and I must say, I feel a lot better afterwards!!

On Friday Will Stuart came to stay, who is a great old friend of mine.

We worked a few horses on Saturday and had George and Rachel Bromfield for breakfast as Red Letter Day guests. I took them on the gallops to watch some horses working – George certainly knew a lot about form.

We had three runners at Market Rasen – Le Legro finished 3rd, but I am fairly sure that I ran him too soon as he didn’t want to make the running. Then we had Morney Wing in a fairly competitive race – he finished 6th for The Steeplechasers. The jockey said he wants a more galloping track and softer ground. Bridal Suite was our third runner, but I am not sure how hard he tried and I think he needs a pair of blinkers on to hopefully sharpen him up.

Morney Wing in the paddock at Market Rasen (taken by Bruce & Lesley Stevens)

Morney Wing in the paddock at Market Rasen (taken by Bruce & Lesley Stevens)



On Sunday we ran Cody Wyoming at Kempton and he ran a blinder; he jumped really well and finished 2nd, beaten just half a length. On the back of that run, we should have some fun with Cody this year. A lot of the syndicate were there and I think they all enjoyed themselves, judging by their very supportive emails.

The horses are running well on the whole and we are getting to the cross bar, without the ball going in.

We have entries on Thursday at Ludlow and Southwell, we also have Quebec in at Cheltenham on Friday and Seventh Sky there on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment