Wednesday 28 October 2015

Off the cold list...

We went to Cheltenham on Friday and had a very good lunch with my owners and then we went into the new Owners and Trainers bar in the new stand, which I have to say is one of the best Owners and Trainers I have ever seen. All credit must go to Cheltenham as they have done a truly brilliant job.

We ran Quebec there; he travelled very well and if the handicapper gives him a chance, he should be very competitive somewhere soon.



We had lots of people here on Saturday to watch the horses work and it was very exciting as we gave Ephraim his first bit of work - he went very nicely. Maid of Milan went nicely and Cody Wyoming is in good form after his run, so much so that he will run at Stratford on Wednesday.

On Sunday we went to the opening of John Hills Way, which was very well attended and it should be a massive benefit for us as it keeps all the horses coming back from the gallops off Maddle road. We then had drinks at Oaksey House which was fun and ended up having lunch in The Malt.

A new member of staff, Mark Tierney, started on Monday and seems to be getting on well. I had my first lot of physio at Oaksey House following my injuries, which was interesting. I was then driven down to London by Iffy as I had been invited to the Royal Opera House to see the Royal Ballet and in particular, a dancer called "Carlos Acosta" who is from Cuba and this is his last tour. I found it fascinating but I think I might stick to horse racing.

On Tuesday, Harry Bannister drove me to the races, where we ran Murray Mount and despite dropping his reins at the last, he managed to win by a head, which gets us off the cold list, thank goodness!!



This morning, we worked some horses up the gallops and the back of the hill - Seventh Sky, My Anchor, Dragon City and a new young horse of Nick Bannisters', called Tango Unchained.

Cody Wyoming is declared to run at Stratford tomorrow - there are a lot of runners and it looks quite competitive, but there aren't many races for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment