Tuesday 6 October 2015

Getting busier runners wise....

A fellow called Nick China came to visit on Friday - we went to lunch at The Malt Shovel with Nick Gaselee who he seemed to know quite well

The Malt Shovel opened the day before and it has been a roaring success. There were literally people queueing to get in on the Thursday night and as I negotiated the terms, I am delighted that it is going so well for Luke Davies and his father John.

John Francome came to pick me up on Friday night and we went down to The Malt for a very quick one as John doesn’t drink.

We had Red Letter Days here on Saturday and unfortunately Katya was ill, so I had to draft in Kim Meehan to help cook me breakfast and ferry me around the gallops.

A friend of mine called Tony Stapleton picked me up to take me to Fontwell as Le Legro was running for The Neardowners. He ran a really nice race, and if he had just jumped a little bit quicker, he would have won, but as it happened, he finished 2nd. Noel Fehily liked him and said he should win next time! Don’t forget there are still 3 shares available in him, along with the two others in the syndicate, and they look very good value at this time.

When I got back from the races I was absolutely exhausted, so I don’t think I’ll be going racing again for a while, or at least until I am off these crutches!

We were meant to have three runners on Sunday, but the ground was too firm at Kelso, so poor old Seventh Sky was driven up to Kelso and back to no avail. Aspasius finished 4th in his first Juvenile Hurdle race for Paul Mott, but he is clearly too weak to get the trip right now, so we are planning a flat campaign with him now, and then he will hopefully go jumping next season. Victor Leudorum ran quite well at Uttoxeter – he blew the cobwebs away and should improve from the race.

On Monday we had our Monday Lunch Club down at the Malt Shovel. We had a very good turnout, although the chairman is currently residing in Great Western Hospital right now – Evelyn Faber, so we hope he is out soon!

To Begin ran at Market Rasen and he ran with far more promise as he didn’t bleed and finished 4th. He will hopefully improve from there.

I managed to see all the horses out this morning and we are planning to run Quebec tomorrow at Towcester. We are starting to run a few horses at long last and we have some nice entries at the weekend – Seventh Sky will either run at Newton Abbot or Chepstow, Morney Wing is in at Chepstow, as is Capatosta and Murray Mount.


The horses are certainly coming to themselves and I hope we find a few winners in the next couple of runs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment