Tuesday 3 December 2013

03.12.13

Andy Stone and Bridget came to stay for the weekend, they came up to watch the horses on the gallops on Saturday morning. For 2nd lot I worked 6 horses round 'back of the hill' gallop. Attimo and Fine Parchment worked nicely as did Who Owns Me and Duke of Monmouth. Stoney Silence also did a good bit.

We all then went to Newbury for the Hennessy, I was a guest of Tim Fitzgerald O'Connor in his box for lunch. I managed to sell Verano to a new partnership who are all friends of Tim's. When I got back from Newbury I found that Lily my little dog had disappeared out of the cat flap, we spent most of that evening and the weekend looking for her as much as we could.

On Sunday morning we took two horses to Newbury for a racecourse gallop. Noel Fehily rode Seventh Sky, he was very pleased with him and will come on a lot for the gallop. I then had a very good lunch at Lucinda Greens to celebrate her birthday followed by my daughters carol service at St Edwards in Oxford.

It was an exhausting weekend and my dog still hadn't turned up. On Monday I rode Shockingtimes who seemed in very good spirits which was more than could be said for me. Then late in the morning I had a phone call from Mark Usher saying he thought he had spotted Lily making her way down the gallops, so Rose and I dashed over to find her heading into my old yard Whitcombe Stables. It was very good to see Lily again as I do need some female companionship! We celebrated her home coming at Monday Lunch Club  in the Malt!

I rode Duke Of Monmouth and Who Owns Me this morning, they are both screaming for a run but they will both need some rain. We have a lot of entries over the weekend, the only definite runner is Fine Parchment at Sandown on Friday, I will know more towards the end of the week and much is weather dependent.

No comments:

Post a Comment