Wednesday 18 December 2013

18.12.13

I managed to run out of oil for the heating in my house and the aga on Friday night so I spent most of the weekend in the hot tub trying to keep warm!

On Saturday morning Shockingtimes and Elmore Back worked very well on the bank, they are exactly where I want them. I will be looking to run them both over the next two weeks. On Saturday night I went to James and Clare Lucks Christmas drinks in the village. It was very busy and great fun, everybody was really getting in to the Christmas spirit!

On Sunday Michael and Judy Maynard came down for lunch at the Plough in Eastbury, it was nice to catch up with them both over some good food. I had sent Airmen's Friends to Southwell only to then take him out as the ground became to soft. It was a shame a it looked a good race for him and he is ready for a run. I will look for something else as soon as possible.

On Monday the oil was delivered with meant normality could resume at Neardown. We have had a lot of rain here now and the ground is quite soft, I will be getting the horses out on the grass as much as I can.

The horses all did one canter up the bank on Monday then did two canters up on Tuesday. Plum Stone is in great form, cantering away nicely. She has been re clipped and has a great shine to her coat. All the horses look really well in their coats and are feeling very well. Area Access now has a h'cap mark so he will be upped in work after an easy week and we will crack on now to try and win a race.

Almost Gemini and Verano worked together this morning up back of the hill gallop, they did a good bit impressing their jockeys. They are two very nice horses. Dragon City is going nicely and looks as though he will be a nice 3yo, he has really filled out since he arrived. Sureness and Portmoarch who are the other two new arrivals have had a quiet time since they have arrived but I am now starting to pick up their work and they are going well. Seventh Sky who worked with Attimo this morning is working exceptionally well and is looking fitter every day. I didn't give Low Gales to much of easy time after his last run as he can be quite a stuffy horse, he worked again today and seems to be tightening up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment