Friday 13 December 2013

13.12.13

On Tuesday I wrote 150 Christmas cards which I do every year, it is not something I enjoy doing! If you don't get one I am sorry but there are 150 people that did!

We had David Crosse, Mark Grant and Peterjon Carberry in to work the horses on Wednesday. It was so heavy with fog that I learnt nothing about the horses as I could only hear their hooves.

On Thursday morning Bill Brindle came down to watch the schooling. We had a good morning schooling the babies. Almost Gemini and Verano schooled very well, they are both really getting the hang of it. Dragon City had his first pop over the baby hurdles and did this really nicely. From then onwards the day went to pot, our horsebox wouldn't start (As someone didn't turn it off properly last time!) after 3 attempts with the breakdown people it still wouldn't start, we had to borrow a box from LRT but still managed to get there in good time.

Always Smiling was out of her depth in a very good mares novice chase at Huntingdon. She will hopefully get a h'cap mark now. She jumped well. Low Gales ran at Taunton and was far to free early on, he therefore did not finish his race. Sands Cove ran his race but he really needs 2m 4f on a flat track or 2m on a stiff track.

On Friday the 13th I ran Lord of House at Bangor, as I am very superstitious I would rather stay in bed today! We put check pieces on him for the first time, as it turned out they were a mistake as he ran to keen and did not enjoy himself.

We have two runners over the weekend. Who Owns Me at Lingfield tomorrow and Airmen's Friend at Southwell on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment