Sunday 30 October 2016

I went to Newmarket very early on Tuesday morning for the sales and was pretty fed up by the end of the day as I had been underbidder on two horses and couldn't get close to anything I wanted .
On Wednesday Bill Brindle joined me and we had a similar sort of day . Then at the end of the session a really nice horse came in that was one of the Juddmonte draught which I didn't think we could afford . The bidding started quite quickly but slowed up at 34k so I stuck a couple of bids in and was very surprised when Fixed Rate was knocked down to me at 40k !
He arrived at Colin Tinklers yard on Thursday and had a little operation on Friday to relieve him of a couple of things between his legs ! He has been gelded .
We ran Cody Wyoming on Thursday at Stratford and he ran a nice race to finish 4th over a trip that was too short for him . There is one share left in Cody and at 2k a share it must be cheap as he should be winning soon .
On Saturday I watched 1st lot and didn't see a horse as it was so dark thank God the clocks have gone back ! We ran a really nice horse at Ascot called Doolin who ran a cracking race to finish 3rd in a decent bumper getting beaten only 3 lengths by the winner .He will run over hurdles next and should be winning soon .
Tomorrow we are taking Some Kinda Lama to Hereford and as long as the ground is OK he will run in a five horse race and should have a decent chance .
We need rain badly and we will get busier when and if it comes .

No comments:

Post a Comment