Monday 3 October 2016

Had an up and down time last week .Cooked a nice supper for an old friend on Wednesday and I must say my cooking is improving now I have to do it !
We schooled a lot of horses on Thursday and they all jumped well which is a bonus . We ran Quebec at Warwick and I thought he would nearly win . There was a good turn out of owners to see him but he was very disappointing and I think his next outing will be the sales .
My kids came to stay on Friday and I took them to the Indian in Lambourn for dinner . I had a long chat with Oisin Murphy and was terribly impressed at what a level headed young fella he is as he was in there getting a takeaway .
On Saturday we went to Fontwell where the ground was desperate as they had over an inch of rain fall the night before . I ran poor old Gowanauthat as there were only four runners and he was going OK when he got turned sideways at the second last which cost him any chance he had . He finished third and has earned himself a deserved holiday having won five already this this season . Just to rub salt into it my brand new horsebox got hit in the car park to make it a really good day !
On Sunday we ran a really nice horse at Uttoxeter called Pickamix who I really do think a bit of . The ground was a bit dead and he didn't jump as well as he can but he won pretty well and will surely come on for the experience .
I am trying to buy a nice 4yo mare from France who has won three of her last four runs on the flat and looks ideal to go jumping . Just need to find an owner for her !

No comments:

Post a Comment