Tuesday 7 June 2016

I am sorry I haven't done a blog for a while but I have been busy with Sales and various things. We had a rare runner on the flat at Kempton with Sureness winning at 25-1 with the champion National Hunt trainer's daughter Megan on board. I am now assured of getting my tickets for Glastonbury from Paul Nicholls which is rather nice!

We bought three nice horses at the Sales all ex Irish Point to Pointers and they were turned straight out into the field and will come in at the end of next month. I am having lots of physio on my shoulder and had my last x-ray last Friday and it is coming on well. We have got a new Head Lad called Albert Ennis who seems very capable.

I went to Eton Dorney to watch my daughter Matilda rowing in the National Schools Championships and I have to say it was absolutely fascinating. It is a very tough sport and very hard for young people.

We had Gowanauthat running at Fontwell the other day and he managed to win for the third time running. He is the first horse to win 3 races this season so far and he keeps going up in the handicap.

I went to London last Thursday and watched the 41 Gun Salute in Hyde Park as I had been invited by the Kings Troop. We had lunch in the Wellington Barracks afterwards. On Friday I went back to London again to have a very good lunch with my bank manager Robert Laurie. I got back very late but managed to listen to Sureness race at Goodwood which she won quite comfortably with Megan Nicholls on board again.

We worked some horses on Saturday and one of the owners came to watch. We have a nice horse called Pickamix who will run in a bumper quite soon.

On Sunday I cycled over to Simon Beccle and Marie's for a drink and Lily ran alongside and then I cycled all the way to Upper Lambourn with Lily on the lead to have lunch with Evelyn Faber and Kim Meehan.

We have had some lovely weather at long last but I,m not sure how long the summers going to be with us for. We only have 8 horses left in now as the rest are in the field but what is nice we are able to get them all out in the paddock every day and they all look very happy. We are getting all the boxes steam cleaned and painted ready for the horses to come back at the end of July.

I thought it was a very good Derby last Saturday and it was nice to see Dermot Weld win it for the first time.We have Royal Ascot to look forward to next week. My sister and brother are coming to stay so I am looking forward to it. We will do a Royal Ascot Blog next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment