Tuesday 28 June 2016

On Friday I had to go to Hungerford to have a filling from my dentist. I must say I do rather object to paying a great deal of money and then feeling as if someone has belted me in the mouth! We had a nice supper in the Malt Shovel with Andy Stone and Emily and my two children who came to stay.

On Saturday after we worked some horses Sam kindly drove me to Cirencester where Nell Buckler drove me to Ditcheat. We had lunch with our host Paul Nicholls and then we were driven to Glastonbury which was nearly next door to Ditcheat. It has always been on my bucket list Glastonbury and I have never seen anything like it in my whole life. It is absolutely enormous and there is mud everywhere and the variety of people was extraordinary. There where 30,000 people working there plus 1600 medics. We saw Madness in the afternoon and they were superb and then in the evening we met up with Paul and we saw Adele and she was absolutely brilliant. We ended up in the VIP area in a place called the Rabbit Hole which was so exclusive that both Noel Gallagher and Kate Moss were turned away. We got to bed at about 4.00am. On Sunday morning we had a very good breakfast with Paul and then we were shown around the gallops and his place. I got back to Neardown in the afternoon where I tried to watch the racing but fell asleep.

On Monday Sam, Chrissy and myself drove to Calcot Park for our annual Charity Golf Day. We had 22 jockeys playing in 15 teams and the weather for once behaved itself. I played with John Francome, Nick Sutton and Chris Graham. Considering I haven't played since our Golf Day last year and have also had a plate put in my shoulder I played out of my skin! I managed to get my first ever Birdie and also parred two or three holes. I normally end up getting the wooden spoon but we actually managed to finish 3rd. The winners were Harry Bannister, Robbie Dunne, Max Lindley and David Probert. It was a good fun day and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. When I got home I watched the football and I've never seen anything quite like it. How those guys can get paid so much money and be beaten by a team whose entire country is the size of Leicester I just do not know. It is all right the Manager resigning but\I think half the team should follow suit.

We have got 3 runners tomorrow at Worcester and old Fine Parchment is having his last run for us as he is been retired. He has been a great servant to us and won a lot of races including the Greatwood Gold Cup at Newbury. We will all miss him as he is a great character and a lovely old horse and we all hope he does well in his next job.

No comments:

Post a Comment