Thursday 23 June 2016

We had a new form of accommodation put in our yard last Thursday. It is a 2 bedroom house made out of a container. It is an ingenious idea and may solve the problem finding accommodation for Stable Staff.

We have a new owner called Vanessa Eke who came on the gallops and had breakfast with us. She seemed to enjoy herself and it is nice to get her on board.

We had a very good singles lunch on the Sunday and it was interesting swapping notes!

My sister Caroline and my Brother in Law Mark came to stay the evening of Royal Ascot. I did four days at Royal Ascot and although it was a bit damp there was some superb racing. I especially enjoyed seeing Dougie Costello ride his first Gp. 1 winner. We had some very good lunches throughout the week.

I ran a lovely bumper horse at Market Rasen last Friday called Pickamix and he absolutely bolted up. I think he has a big future.. I went to Goodwood to see Sureness run but unfortunately the ground went against her and she finished 5th.

I took my daughter Tildie to Royal Ascot on Saturday and she looked absolutely gorgeous We had a fun day and she saw lots of her friends. We went to Vi Aitken's 90th Birthday drinks party which was great fun.

It has rained most of this month and it really is miserable. I went to a Memorial Drinks Party for Bryan Beacham on Monday. He was an owner of mine for over 20 years and we never had a crossed word in all that time. It is slightly ironic that I have trained Bryan four winners in the last month. He was a lovely man and we will all miss him.

We were meant to run Gowanauthat on Tuesday but when we went to put him on the horsebox he was lame on his off fore. As it turned out it is only a bruised foot.

I am looking forward to Saturday as I am going to Glastonbury for the first time. I have got my wellies ready and I don't think I need to wear a tie! I am going with Paul Nicholls and I hope he has our Owners and Trainers badges.

On Monday we have our Charity Golf Day and I hope the weather stays dry for it. I am still having physio on my shoulder but hopefully will be able to start riding out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment