Tuesday 8 December 2015

Seventh Sky 2nd in the Grand Sefton at Aintree!

On Saturday morning I saw first lot out and then jumped into the car with Gavin Sheehan and went up to Aintree. We had a good run up the M6 and got there in plenty of time. The weather was pretty foul as it was wet and windy, and I went down to the Chair to watch the Becher chase with Jimmy Moffatt. We watched Jimmy win the Becher with a horse he had only bought four weeks previously, out of Emma Lavelle's yard. We ran Seventh Sky in the Grand Sefton and again, I went down to the Chair with Donald McCain to watch it. He ran an amazing race and was given a beautiful ride by Gavin to finish 2nd. He jumped like a buck and did us proud. I am hoping that John Heron will let me enter him in the Grand National as he proved that he can jump the fences well and I think he would be competitive. It is always exciting when you see a horse take to the National fences and Seventh Sky absolutely loved it. He lost very little weight and was very fresh on Monday morning!

We schooled a couple of horses on Sunday morning and then we had a very good lunch for 12 people at home. Katya cooked a very good meal. We drank some of the wine I bought from an auction, and it really was superb.

We had my new Bank Manager down on Monday to finalise the move to RBS; Robert came down with his assistant Uz and they gave Tess and I lunch in the Malt Shovel, which was a very good way to start the week!!

We are off to Fontwell this morning as I have two runners; Gowanauthat and My Anchor. The ground will be bottomless and I just hope that they can both act on it. We are letting Tommy ride them both as 10lbs in this ground is quite a lot of weight.

Gowanauthat (IRE) runs in the 1.10 at Fontwell today

My Anchor runs in the 2.40 at Fontwell today

No comments:

Post a Comment