Friday 11 December 2015

Friday 11th December..

We went to Fontwell on Tuesday and ran Gowanauthat on virtually un-raceable ground; he pulled up. I then took My Anchor out as the ground was so bad, so we only had the one runner. I'm afraid I got Paul Mott to come all the way to Fontwell for a non runner, but he took it well.

On Wednesday we worked some horses up the back of the hill - we had Denis O'Regan and David Crosse in to help. Morney Wing worked well, as did Le Legro. Some Kinda Lama has come out of his race very well and Baltic Storm was in very good form. Elmore Back did a nice bit along with Dukes Den.

I picked up Tildie from her school, which is St Edwards in Oxford, she stayed on an extra five days after they broke up because she is in the rowing team and she had managed to get into the first VIII which is a great achievement. We then picked up William from Pinewood. Charlie Nugent popped in to look around evening stables and to see the horses, which was nice. Charlie owned a share in my first winner as a trainer and has always had a share in something, but he now makes out he is too poor and is a steward at some of the racecourses now..  I took the children to The Malt Shovel for supper and had a very nice steak.

We schooled five horses on Thursday morning. Mark Grant was in to help. I had my lawns cut which I think is extraordinary only two weeks before Christmas, but it definitely looks a lot tidier. Tildie started her first job which was bottlewasher at The Malt Shovel. I bought her a new pair of Marigolds to celebrate the occasion.

We sent My Anchor up to Doncaster on Friday and he was running away at 2miles, but he did not get home over 2m 3f, so needs dropping back in trip. The ground is quite dead at Doncaster, so we have already taken Quebec out of tomorrow's race, but we are sending Ephraim there tomorrow and are hoping that he runs well and builds on his race at Ascot. We are also giving Shane Harte his first ride on Sunday at Southwell on Bridal Suite.

We have got one or two horses ready to run right now, but lots of them want better ground, which is a bit frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment