Monday 28 December 2015

Expedite wins at Huntingdon!!

It was a fairly quiet week leading up to Christmas and we had no runners as the meetings were both called off, so I did my Christmas shopping and the round of drinks parties, which were very nice.

On Boxing day we drove up to Market Rasen - I ran Elmore Back on atrocious ground and he absolutely hated it and pulled up. I also ran Quebec and he also pulled up, so that was a complete disaster!! But at Huntingdon we fared a bit better; Bridal Suite ran his usual sort of race and then Expedite won a very competitive Novice Hurdle and looks like being a really nice young horse for the future. I keep forgetting he is only four and he will definitely make a lovely chaser in time.

We had a quiet day on Sunday. We got a few horses out who might be running early on this week. I then had lunch in the Malt Shovel with Martin and Nicole Myers and Ben and Clemmie. We watched the racing at Kempton, which was very exciting.

We have no runners today or tomorrow as the ground is too soft. We have entries on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We will run Morney Wing at either Haydock or Warwick and I suspect that Seventh Sky will go to Cheltenham on New Years Day as there isn't much else for him. The weather has been a little frustrating and we need better ground for most of our horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment