Wednesday 30 April 2014

30.04.14

I rode Murray Mount on Monday morning and he was incredibly fresh and nearly bucked me off, but when you have been riding as long as I have you know where to sit when that happens! Later that afternoon Charlie Nugent who was a member of the Icy Fire Syndicate came to look around the horses at evening stables followed by supper at Mike Blanshards.

Noel Fehily came in to ride out on Tuesday morning. He sat on Elmore Back and I rode Portmonarch. Portmonarch will run tomorrow at Ffos Las in his first Hurdle race, as he is a nice horse I hope he runs his race. Almost Gemini also runs at Ffos Las tomorrow in a h'cap for the first time, he seems in good form at home. I plan to run Elmore Back, Airmens Friend and Westbrooke at Fontwell on Friday and we may send Area Access to Bangor. We have Gavin Sheehan riding Portmonarch for us tomorrow and he will be in first thing to school Seventh Sky over fences as well. He had a very good season last year and I thought he did exceptionally well to being champion conditional and losing his claim with 50 winners. I plan to put him on a few more of mine this season.

This morning Duke of Monmouth worked well this morning, he will run if we continue to get some more rain. Airmen's Friend and Elmore Back went very nicely together and Seventh Sky flew up in his usual manner. We took 2nd lot horses up the back of this hill where Victor Leudorum stood out doing a very nice piece of work with Verano. Area Access and Western King also went well, both are picking up the bridle now and staying on till the top of the gallop.

Looking through some old photos yesterday I found a great picture from back in the day! Guess who these two jockeys are???

No comments:

Post a Comment