Tuesday 1 April 2014

01.04.14

I went racing to Stratford with Tony Stapleton on Saturday I had three runners there and one at Uttoexeter. Duke Of Monmouth ran at the latter, he probably needed the race as he blew for a while after. Seventh Sky ran at Stratford where I thought he would nearly win but he ran a very lacklustre race which is very disappointing when  he is the best work horse in the yard. Area Access got a nice ride from the young Harry Bannister and won by a length and a half, he is going the right way and might win another couple of races before we put him away. Westbrooke ran in the bumper where he was probably only half fit even though he has lost 80 kilos since we got him. He will only improve.

I took my son William to Ascot on Sunday where we ran Fine Parchment in a very hot veterans chase. They went very quickly on the rapidly drying ground which meant he pulled himself up and we will keep him for another day.

I rode out two lots on Monday. Elmore Back felt superb and Almost Gemini who also felt very well. After riding out I went with Noel Fehily to Plumpton where we had two runners. Unfortunately Airmen's Friend hated the ground and did not let himself down as it was to quick. Always Smiling also ran very badly but having since had her down at the vets this morning we have found that she has a trapped epiglottis which also has an ulcer on it. I have booked her in to have a wind operation done on Friday.

I rode Western King this morning who felt like bull! He is on tremendous form and we can now start to step up his work. Victor Leudorum is also progressing well, both horses will be ready to run in about 6 weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment