Wednesday 26 February 2014

26.02.14

Once again the rain came down on Tuesday and I got soaked riding my two lots. Both lots went up the bank, the weather and wind especially wasn't in the right direction to go round back of the hill. Area Access and Shockingtimes went up the 'long' which is a 1mile almost flat gallop as I want to keep them off a hill for part of their training during the week. It wasn't a bad day seeing as I only managed to fall out with two people!

This morning we had Mark Grant and Peterjon Carberry in to ride work. Seventh Sky and Verano went well for them both. Airmens Friend, Low Gales and Who Owns Me worked well in a 3, Who Owns Me stayed on well. Plum Stone and Sands Cove absolutely flew up there, followed by Lord Of House having a blow.

2nd lot we were on back of the hill, Mr Big was under restraint from his jockey Miss P Holland this time and did a nice bit of work with Westbrooke. Dragon City and Portmonarch worked well, Portmonarch will have his first entry a week on Monday, he now really takes you up the gallop well. Dragon City is working very well but unfortunately I cant run him as I have not sold him. Sureness did a nice bit of work with Fine Parchment, FP seems to be back to himself. Area Access and Shockingtimes did a lovely gallop to get them striding out. It has also been a good morning as I have made up with the two people I fell out with yesterday!

Today we brought Victor Leudorum back in from his holidays, it is lovely to have him back as he is such a happy cheeky little chap to have around. Lord of House runs tomorrow at Taunton, he seems in good form, unlike most of my horses he has had a busy season and this will be his 8th and last run before the ground goes for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment