Tuesday 11 February 2014

11.02.14

We went to Warwick on Saturday to run Lord of House in the Kingmaker Chase, believe it or not the ground was not soft enough for us. He managed to finish 4th but did not run with his usual exuberance due to the ground.

On Sunday morning we schooled Seventh Sky with Mark Grant in preparation to run him on Wednesday at Chepstow which has subsequently be abandoned. I looked in some yards in Upper Lambourn on my way back from the schooling grounds, most of the stables are near under water and the water is still rising. The gallops are holding out for the moment but the rain has been a real problem.

Monday morning I rode out Duke of Monmouth and Verano, they both felt very well and I still can't find anything a miss with Duke a home. We had a busy Monday Club at the Malt Shovel for lunch, it was a big turn out as I think everyone was fed up with the weather. Hot topic of conversation was also about my interview with Rodney Masters in the Racing Post - I was relieved it didn't come out as bad I thought it might! Although any publicity is good publicity!

This morning I rode Sureness who I thought was a lovely filly, she is very tall and moves well. 2nd lot in the pouring rain I rode Area Access who felt very well in himself.

I had a lovely message from Jill Gladders this morning who has Celibate and Masked Man, Celibate has been having a lovely time hacking along the beach and going hunting. He is now 23years old, 12 years ago he came 6th to Bindaree in the Grand National.


No comments:

Post a Comment