Tuesday 18 February 2014

18.02.14

On Friday morning I rode two lots getting absolutely socked in the process. Philippa Holland came in to school Mr Big under the guidence of Colin Brown, and seeing as she didn't fall off it all went well! The storm picked up force through out the day and during the evening the winds had really picked up.

When I arrived on the yard on Saturday morning, I found an Irish lad trying to climb out of the tackroom loo window, I let him out with a screw driver which was a good job as the lad in question was Robbie Dunne so I would like to think that his achievement in winning the Grand National Trial at Haydock later that afternoon was in some way down to me!

The weather was so bad that morning we worked all the horses up my gallop, so not to go into the head wind up back of the hill. Almost Gemini worked well, covering lots of ground easily. Sureness worked well with Ben after trying to ditch him on the way down! Area Access again worked really well and is showing more since his little lay off than he did before. Shockingtimes is in very good order and went up the gallop well.

Seventh Sky ran at Wincanton that afternoon, he ran very well coming 3rd, he got tired just before the last hurdle. He will come on from that and will most likely run at Newbury a week on Saturday where he should be spot on.

I went to great dinner party for Simon Beccles' 50th Birthday Party. That Marie kindly hosted, it was a very late affair!

Monday morning was a slightly drier affair and after riding out I went to Cheltenham racecourse to honour one of racings greats the late Terry Biddlecombe, in a special celebration of his life. The racing world turned out in force and it was a wonderful occasion with some brilliant tributes.

For the first time in quite a while I did not wet riding my two lots this morning, I rode Dragon City round the back of the hill, he is feeling so well I over took most of the string! Who Owns Me is back in full work now the little nick on his knee has heeled so it wont be long before he is back on the track, hopefully before the ground dries out. Always Smiling and Plum Stone are cantering away nicely showing all the right signs but being quite light mares I don't want to do much with them before the ground comes right.

No comments:

Post a Comment