Wednesday 22 January 2014

22.01.14

It has been a fairly exciting beginning to the New Year, as apart from the fact it hasn't stopped raining there has been quite a lot going on. I had a frozen shoulder at the beginning of the month that until I was diagnosed and treated in hospital it caused me absolute agony for 4 days and 4 sleepless nights. Luckily the shoulder was sorted in time to have two days shooting, one day with Nick Bannister up at Conniston Hall and another with Edwyn Good at Waddesdon Manor. They were great days and I shot very well on Friday but had lost my touch slightly on Saturday!

To finish my January jaunts I had a week in Cuba, I would recommend it to anyone- we even managed to have a winner while I was away. Lord Of House won a Novices H'Cap chase at Ludlow even though he ran a little bit flat. He has run a lot recently so will have a little break and we will have to hope there will still be some soft ground around in a few weeks time for him. Duke Of Monmouth ran at Newbury, he was out paced early on and didn't seem to enjoy the field closing up around him. I will give him a confidence boosting run somewhere next time with a small field and smaller fences with possibly some headgear. He is bouncing at home so I am sure there is another win in him. Sands Cove ran at Taunton on Saturday, the ground was almost un-raceable and with 3 fences bypassed it was almost a flat race. I think he will be a lot better on better ground, Mark was still pleased with him and thinks he is nice horse.

On my return the horses all look very well. Watching them work this morning there were one or two who really fired on the grass. Elmore Back worked very well and reports are he has been in rude health all week. Verano worked very nicely, he has entries but I want to run him first time out on some better ground than it is at the moment. Almost Gemini flew up the grass, he is ready to run  and will do so when I have sold the remaining shares which hopefully should be very soon.

We run Latelo tomorrow in the bumper at Warwick , for all sorts of different reasons I hope he runs well, I think he is a very nice horse. The ground is still bottomless everywhere which is frustrating as it is preventing me from running a few horses that need to get out, hopefully some courses will dry out a bit next week.

We still have shares remaining in ALMOST GEMINI



DRAGON CITY for sale



SURENESS for sale


More details on the horses for sale page.
















No comments:

Post a Comment