Wednesday 29 January 2014

29.01.14

I rode two lots on Tuesday on two very nice horses. I took Seventh Sky up my gallop three times, I don't think I have ever sat on anything quite like him before, I hope I can get him on the racecourse fairly soon. I then rode Portmonarch on the grass, he went very well as did Dragon City. They are two lovely four year olds, the only thing I cant work out I why I still have Dragon City for sale!

Kodie and Rose took Who Owns Me and Duke of Monmouth for a canter round the bowl then up the home grass gallops, they thoroughly enjoyed the change which should freshen the boys up a bit.

We had three jockeys in today, Mark Grant, Dom Elsworth and Peterjon Carberry. The later two schooled Duke of Monmouth and Who Owns Me, they both jumped with blinkers on for the first time to sharpen them both up. Almost Gemini worked well with the two four year olds and held his own even though they would quicker types which impressed me a lot. Low Gales worked well up the bank giving Seventh Sky a strong lead.

Rodney Masters came over this morning to interview me and discuss the new yard for the Mondays Racing Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment