Monday 27 January 2014

27.01.14

I watched first lot on Saturday doing a piece of work up the grass, I was happy enough with them all. Duke of Monmouth and Who Owns Me worked well together.

I then got straight into my car and headed to Doncaster, we ran Elmore Back who I thought had a great chance off the back of his last 2 runs. Unfortunately he didn't even feature in the race and came back quite lame. I think he pulled himself around in the ground. It was along drive home but luckily there seems some improvement in him today.

I took my children Go-Carting on Sunday which is always good fun, we then went out for lunch.

This morning I rode 2 of the 4year olds, Portmonarch moved absolutely beautifully and Dragon City who has come on a ton and feels a completely different horse. They are both very nice horses with a good prospects.

It is very frustrating right now not to be able to run much. It is tough for trainers and racecourses alike with heavy almost un-raceable water logged ground and abandoned meetings. Looking at the weather forecast it doesn't look like things will improve for a while yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment