Thursday 31 October 2013

31.10.13

Firstly apologies for the lack of blogging this week, I have been at the sales since Monday. It has been a busy three days at Newmarket. I have bought four horses from Tattersalls and one from Mario Hofer in Germany.

I will put pictures and details of the new horses on the website shortly. One of the horses I bought is a gorgeous Galileo called Portmonarch from David Lanigans', He is for John Heron who owns Seventh Sky. He will be gelded tomorrow as apparently he is a bit of boy!

The other four are very well bought, they are substantial types and look as though they will do a job.

I am on the way to Stratford where we have Who Owns Me running in his first Novice Chase, he jumps very well and the track should suit but it is a competitive race and he is high enough in the handicap. Area Access is running in his first race for us, he is a point to point winner in Ireland so this will be his first novice hurdle. He goes well at home and the ground should suit him, this race should give me more of an idea about him.

Mark Grant and James Davies came in to school 1st and 2d Lot this morning. We got most horses out jumping, Greyfriars Drummer, Airmens Friends and Low Gales all had their first pop since their injuries. I am pleased with the way Lord Of House, Duke Of Monmouth, Stoney Silence and Attimo all jumped as they all have entries next week. Elmore Back was particularly impressive, he is very quick and clever over hurdles which I hoped pleased one of his owners Bill Brindle who came in to watch him school.

No comments:

Post a Comment