Friday 25 October 2013

25.10.13

On Wednesday we had Harry Bannister in to ride work on his 3 horses. They all worked well for him and look especially well.

Attimo worked well with Fine Parchment up Back of the Hill, he will get his first entry next week. The plan will be to head to Sandown with Fine Parchment in the first week of November. Who Owns Me and Duke Of Monmouth are coming on nicely, although neither of them are particularly speedy they both impress me with their workman like attitude and 100% effort.

Shockingtimes and Western King  had a nice breeze up in preparation for their runs. We are getting close to running the majority of the winter jumpers now.

Thursday Noel and Mark came in to school. We schooled 6 horses and Mr Big lead as usual. They all jumped beautifully. Who Owns Me, Duke Of Monmouth and Lord Of House are jumping fences really well, and I am confident about their novice chasing debuts.

Yesterday I drove my 2 children to Southwell. On the way there we passed a Go Karting track, I told them that if we had a winner we would stop on the way back. Shockingtimes was given a confident ride by Mark Grant, and absolutely sluiced up. It is the first time we have had the horse right in two years due to a back operation for Kissing Spine last December. He rightly rewarded the patience of his owners as Simon Beccle won so much money on him that the Tote couldn't pay him out all in one go!

We then drove home and stopped at the Go Karts, where I listened to Western King running at Ludlow. On the commentary he was quite well back and losing ground so I had my doubts but he stayed on and won in a flourish. It was a good day in the office which got better when I beat both my children on the Go Karting circuit, so you could count that as a Treble!

Lucinda Green stayed last night as she was riding out Sprinter Sacre this morning. Before she headed over to Hendersons I put her on Mr Big so she could she what a proper horse felt like to make her comparisons!

I have entered Who Owns Me in a Novice H'Cap Chase at Stratford on Thursday and also a new horse Area Access in the Maiden Hurdle.



No comments:

Post a Comment