Monday 14 October 2013

14.10.13

We had a good work morning on Saturday, all the horses are coming to the fore. We had Tony Stapleton, Bryan and Philippa Burrough and Marie Ellis in, along with  2 red letters Pam and John Walsh in to watch second lot on Back of The Hill. Duke of Monmouth worked well along with Stoney Silence. Shockingtimes worked very well and is not far off a run. Who Owns Me and Attimo seem fairly forward.

I ran Scepticism again at Wolverhampton on Saturday evening, it was apparent very quickly that I had run him a week to soon. He ran very flat but has come back none the worse. He will have an easy week then we will see what he is like before stepping up his work again.

I went to Tim Fitzgerald O'Connors 70th Birthday drinks party yesterday followed by Sunday lunch with Katya at the Star at Sparsholt. We got back just in time to watch the Pardubice, which I won in 1995 on Its A Snip. Sam Wahley-Cohen came in last week to ride out as he wanted to get the benefit of my wisdom regarding the race! I was then very surprised to see Sam fall off not only going down to post but then unfortunately come off again in the race at a fence called 'Snake Pit'! Only 6 of the 22 runners got round so maybe I should have another go!

I rode Greyfriars Drummer this morning and I was amazed how well he was in himself. Low Gales and Airmens Friend are on their way back from injury so they did a few more weeks on the roads than the others,however they did their first bit of work on Saturday and seemed to be fresh and well this morning on the gallops.

Low Gales

No comments:

Post a Comment