Tuesday 3 January 2017

We all had a very busy Christmas and just about survived. I had my ex wife,kids,sister and my divorce lawyer round for Christmas lunch and it was very jolly.
We had a few runners at Wetherby on Boxing Day but no great excitements .I ran a nice mare last Saturday called Wishicould and she ran a really good race to be placed in her first hurdle .
I had a very jolly dinner for twelve people on New Years Eve which got a bit messy in the end.I thought it would be great fun to see the New Year in by drinking champagne in my hot tub with all the others. I also thought it would be a good idea to put bubble bath into the hot tub to liven things up a bit. Well nine of us got in and although it was a bit squashed you couldn't see anyone as the foam was about five feet high! I was trying to drink a glass of Bollinger but with three inches of foam on it,it looked more like a pint of Guiness !
I got up on Sunday morning and when I opened the curtains I thought it had been snowing as my lawn was white. On closer inspection it turned out to be foam from the hot tub and a lot of it we could have built a foam man.
On Monday we went to Plumpton with Morney Wing for the Sussex National and I really fancied him as he had been acting like a two year old for the last fortnight.We had Noel Fehily riding and ground was right for him. Then Noel was stood down before the race with flu having ridden the first winner so we had to get Paddy Brennan as a last minute replacement.
Everything went well in the race he jumped beautifully and travelled easily winning fairly nicely in the end. It was a nice race to win on a Bank Holiday Monday especially as the owners are a very good bunch and have supported the yard by having three very nice horses.
We are having a good season and need to get some more horses for the next campaign. At least this year has started better than the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment