Monday 3 November 2014

Lessons learnt

I hit terrible traffic on the way up to Wetherby on Friday that I only just made it in time to see Cedre Bleu. Unfortunately I got the tactics completely wrong, we tried to make the running with him which was a great pity as it was a fairly soft race which he was more than capable of winning. I suppose we did learn that we cant make the running with him and that he does need the blinkers!
 
On Saturday we worked most of the horses. Portmonarch is going better now he is strengthening up. Miller of Glanmire worked well, the conditional jockey schooled him on Thursday and told me how impressed he was with his jumping. Lord of House worked nicely but just needs the rain. Murray Mount worked very well, he is ready to run in a bumper and showed that he might be capable of winning one. Royal Redemption worked well, he was hard to pull up at the top so I should think he will stay all day.
 
The two young horses No Bad News and the Brian Boru did two half speed canters, they both impressed me. No Bad News is a year older and for this a stronger horse, he wont take to much to get ready.
 
We went to Ascot on Saturday and had a nice lunch with the Kempners in their box. I ran Verano in a very hot handicap hurdle, he ran too keen but considering this he didn't disgrace himself. I think I could have found an easier race for him fors time out. He jumped a little left again so I will definatly look to run him left handed and he should be a lot better for it next time out.
 


I have a couple of entries this week, Bridal Suite should run at Chepstow on Wednesday if he gets in and Murray Mount will run where the ground is best. When the entries come out for the weekend I will have a  better idea of what the weekends runners may look like.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment