Friday 31 October 2014

Cody Wyoming makes up for a disappointing sales

I drove to Newmarket very early on Tuesday morning with the hope of buying at least 3 horses. I had two fairly decent orders and I also had Paul Mott with me who was on the look out for a nice Filly. On Tuesday James Main offered me Hector's Chance, he has won 4 races on the flat. He looks as though he might go well hurdling and is only one run off getting a mark. I spent Wednesday and Thursday trying to buy horses. There were too many foreign buyers, all the horses the jump trainers wanted were bought by Australian and Middle Eastern buyers. It was disappointing that there wasn't any value at this sale, most types that were suitable to me made 50% more than they were worth.
 
We ran Area Access at Ffos Las on Tuesday. He ran a nice race to finish fourth, he might have gone one better had he not missed the last. He will come on a bit from his run and should go well next time out.
 
Yesterday we ran Cody Wyoming at Stratford. He was backed off the boards from 12-1 to 3-1f. Cody duly came up with the goods, he jumped very well and won nicely. There are still shares in the Charlie Mann Racing Club at only £360 a year - if you haven't bought your self a Christmas present yet then sign up!
 
I am driving up to Wetherby today to watch Cedre Bleu run in the listed handicap chase. We are hoping he runs a decent race. I am not sure you can improve a horse from Paul Nicholls but sometimes when these horses move yards they can sweeten up a little bit.
 
Verano runs at Ascot tomorrow in the listed handicap hurdle, he carries 9-7. I decided that Harry Bannister should take the ride so that with his 7lb claim the horse carries the correct weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment