Monday 1 September 2014

Wedmin vs Open Day Preperations

After an eventful week in Cornwall I am now coming to terms with the fact I am going down the aisle once again and have plans this afternoon to find a date and book the church. I have the Monday Lunch Club at the Malt Shovel today, top of the agenda is where to have my stag do!
 
Almost Gemini runs at Huntingdon today in the novice h'cap hurdle. I hope he runs some sort of race as after changing parts of his training routine I think he is better than I have had him before. However I am still not convinced that I have got to the bottom of him.
 
I rode Lambro this morning, he seems in very good form and may get an entry for Newton Abbot next Monday. He will need a run before the Pardubice and as he has been dropped by the handicapper I can run him over fences in preparation. He has three options between now and the declaration stage. I am going to school him a bit this week, I will get him jumping some poles in the school and practice a double too.
 
Ussee is entered in a maiden and a handicap at Southwell on Wednesday, I will look at how the races cut up tomorrow morning but I have also entered her in another mares race at Fontwell on Sunday.  Western King has an entry at Stratford on Saturday, after his last run he was quite sore along his back which could explain his below par performance. He is feeling a lot happier now and is still fit.
 
Lord of House, Sands Cove and Fine Parchment were all ridden today for the first time after their wind ops and next week all the others will start to be ridden again. We had them all fit and strong before their operations and while they will be a bit behind the others I don't think it has set them back to much.
 
It is nice to be back at home and on the yard again. Everything has run smoothly in my absence and the horses look to be coming on really well. They are all doing two canters up fishers hill. My gallop has been closed for a week and is back open on Thursday. Once this is open the horses will start cantering up the short gallop first then doing two slightly stronger canters on my gallop.
 
I will be interviewing this week for a new head lad / assistant trainer, I have some really good people lined up to see and feel confident that we will find the right person for the job shortly. Our accommodation that we are renovating on site and a couple of house projects we have in the village seem to be coming along swiftly so shortly we can offer excellent accommodation which is a real benefit.
 
Our open day plans are coming along and with this we seem to be having plenty of interest in the horses we have for sale. It seems the case that over the next couple of weeks we will be putting together quite a few new syndicate options. We have had numerous requests for affordable  shares with small monthly payments and have a couple of suitable horses for this option. Please get in contact if you would like to put your name down for any of these syndicates. It is likely that the initial cost will be between £1,000 - £1500 and a monthly fee of £150-£200 depending on interest. Lots more information will be available at our open day and please don't hesitate to contact Charlie or Rose for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment