Tuesday 9 September 2014

BHA bonkers over break

Last week I rode out most mornings paying special attention to riding the new recruits.  I especially like the look of Royal Redemption, Noel has been in to ride him a few times and has confirmed that there is lots of potential there. Major John Thorneloe and his wife Veronica who used own Masked Man have bought a quarter share in him this week and I am sure the remaining half share will go in him very quickly.
 
Looking at all the horses this morning they are still holding their summer coats well and look like they are getting fit. I have slightly upped the exercise this week as they are now all cantering up the short gallop before doing two slightly more forward canters on my gallop.
 
We have nine days of no jump racing starting on Thursday. I think the BHA are absolutely bonkers over the timing of this break. The schools have gone back and the trainers and most importantly Jockeys have all this holiday when their children are back at school. The BHA must wise up to the fact that Jockeys with families have very little opportunity to take time out with their families.
 
I did something I haven't done in a very long time on Wednesday, I went to see a Vicar! I didn't  even know you could get married in a church if you had been married before but it turns out you can. This means our wedding will be at St Michaels Church in Lambourn on the 23rd December. No doubt it will be the society wedding of the year, I have already made calls to Hello magazine and the Daily Mail paparazzi!
 
We have all been hard at work preparing the yard for the OPEN DAY we have on Saturday. It is the first year that we have decided to host a public open day so I hope we get a good turn out. On Sunday we will are having a Sunday Lunch for our owners.
 
Almost Gemini ran last Monday at Huntingdon, it is fairly obvious he doesn't like hurdles so he will run back on the flat before the sales.
 
Ussee ran at Southwell on Wednseday, it was her first time over 3m and she didn't quite see the trip out. I fear she may also be a little one paced. Western King ran on Saturday at Stratford, the course would not to have been to his liking and he carried top weight but he ran very well and finished 3rd. He has come out of the race superbly so before the ground goes for him I will try and get him out again quickly.
 
I hope to see you all on Saturday, lets hope the sun shines on us and we have a fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment