Monday 23 September 2013

23.09.13

Mr Big had his first time out Autumn Hunting this season on Saturday. Rose took him out with the OBH for an afternoon meet at Fernham. He was apparently a reformed character compared to his debut last season, much better behaved!




I drove down to London on Saturday night to watch Rod Stewart aged 69 in concert at the O2, I have to say for an old age pensioner he moved very well! We went to Annabel's after the concert but I think the standard seems to have dropped some what as I was the only person in there wearing a tie!

I stayed the night in London and drove straight to Plumpton on Sunday. I ran Scepticism, who as it turns out will not a get 2 miles over hurdles in a horsebox. His next outing will be a Saturday evening meeting on the flat at Wolverhampton which is very disappointing.

This week final preparation is taking place for the open day, I have had to order a larger marquee as there are now so many people coming. The weather forecast is not looking that kind to us at the moment.

I rode Shockingtimes this morning who felt fantastic, he had a good try at bucking me off! After breakfast Bill Brindle and his wife came to see their new horse, it is nice to see Bill back into a horse as he has been an owner for many years and gets a lot out of it.

Western King runs at Newton Abbot tomorrow, he won there 23 days ago over the same distance but it is a better race tomorrow and he has been raised 8lbs so he will have far more on his plate this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment