Tuesday 3 September 2013

03.09.13

I had a busy weekend cooking supper for 8 people on Saturday night. I had David Batten from Tattersalls staying with me, he also has a few shares in some horses at Neardown. It was a very late night and the food was all eaten so well done Mary Berry!

On Sunday I trained 3 winners! Lilly and Pig both won their classes at the Lambourn dog show and Western King made all and won a h'cap chase at Newton Abbot under an inspired ride by Noel Fehily. To put the icing on the cake it was and ROA £5k bonus race, so he won almost £10k in prize money which is a nice Sunday treat for the owners.

On Monday I took my daughter Matilda for her first day at St Edwards in Oxford, there were 142 new arrivals starting Teddys yesterday, as the Headmaster gave his speech I was working out that is 4.5 million in school fees for the first year paid up front.We are now looking at turning Neardown in to a prep school!

No comments:

Post a Comment