Friday 6 September 2013

06.09.13

It has been a fairly quiet week, although it has been constructive.So I have taken the time to catch up with owners. I had a very good dinner at The French Horn in Sonning last night with Sue Welch. It was a night of great company and excellent food.

We haven't had any runners this week and with only one jump meeting on this week it has been relatively quiet for everybody. I should expect Western King to run again in a couple of weeks as he seems to have come out of his race very well. Victor Leudorum  is very perky and is enjoying having an easier week. Scepticism will do a piece of work tomorrow and I will assess his fitness from after his wind -op. He worked well on Wednesday so I would expect him to have come on from that and I should be able to consider entering him up shortly.

We had a bit of rain this morning but nothing like forecast, it has hardly made a difference and now it has warmed up again and I can see bright blue sky from my office window.

The BHA seem to have accepted the proposal to race at Lingfield and Musselburgh on Good Friday, this puts the Lambourn and Middleham Open Days at risk, organisers are already saying they will not stage the open days if there is racing on Good Friday. Quite honestly I think the general public would rather go to the  open days than go to either of those meetings. I am all in favour of having the open day regardless of whether they have racing or not. I think it is a very important date as it raises money for Stable Lads Welfare. It is another example of bookmakers and racecourses running our industry. I should think it wont be long before we have racing on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment