Wednesday 24 July 2013

Tuesday 24.07.13

I went to an interesting NTF meeting yesterday at Newbury as I am on the council. The consensus of opinion is that there are a number of trainers in Newmarket in some trouble over the 'Sungate' issue. It will be interesting to see how the BHA handle it.

We had two runners yesterday at Bangor-On-Dee. VICTOR LEUDORUM jumped very well in his first H'cap Chase and finished a very good second to a well H'capped horse of Jonjo O'Neills. Noel Fehily didn't make it in time from Southwell so Nick Scholfield took the ride. I expect him to be winning again soon.

We also ran YAZDI in the Conditional Jockeys Hurdle race. He cost £430,000 as a yearling - I am only glad I did not pay that for him! He finished an okay 3rd. I will be entering him in  the Autumn Horses in Training sales as he doesn't look good enough for us.

The yard is finally coming together, I can now see the light at the end of he tunnel. We haven't got that much left to do and it will certainly be ready for our open day.

We have got most of the horses back now from there summer break, they have all done well for it and they are now hacking away doing some road work.

No comments:

Post a Comment