Monday 27 March 2017

I managed to hurt my back last week by riding a horse that pulled my arms and left me very sore. After quite a few sessions in the hot tub I decided to go to Oaksey House where they did a great job and helped me enormously. We are so lucky to have this facility on our doorstep and I know that poor old Tommy will need as much help as possible after his horrendous fall at Newbury last Friday.
We had a fairly ordinary day last Wednesday with both runners running badly but the highlight of the day was having a very good lunch in an Italian restaurant in Warwick with a great friend of mine.
We had a good weekend with four runners which resulted in a winner two seconds and a fifth.Like The Sound won his second hurdle race of the season but will not be seen at his best until he goes chasing next year as he's a gogeous big horse. We had two seconds at Hereford with Fixed Rate coming back to form and Wishicould just finding the ground too fast for her as she needs a bog!
I got up very early on Sunday as we took Gowanauthat and Seventh Sky to Newbury for a spin round and forgot that the clocks had gone forward which meant I got up at five o'clock!
We haven't got too many runners this week as we've only got fifteen left in but its been a very good season for us with twenty one winners and some nice horses still to run.
Am off skiing tomorrow to Argentierre with my kids until Sunday so we should have a bit of fun and I will try to beat them down the black runs without killing myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment