Monday 28 November 2016

Got soaked riding out two lots on Monday but it was quite a good cure for a hangover from lunch the previous day! As I had quite a bit of stew left over from Sunday lunch I stupidly invited the Monday Club round to finish it off thinking there would only be four of them and ten turned up. It was a very jolly lunch considering I was still feeling a little bit shabby from the day before.
We schooled some young horses and they both jumped really well on Tuesday morning with Gavin on one and Tommy on the other.
There was a NTF meeting at Oaksey House in the afternoon (National Trainers Federation) of which I am on the council so I always try to attend.We had a good turn out for it and an even better turn out in the pub after where we all put the world to rights.
I ran Royals and Rebels at Hereford and he ran a nice race finishing fourth but he will be better over a fence.
We had a big schooling day on Thursday with two owners down and a few jockeys in luckily it all went well.
I rode out two lots on Friday and one pulled a bit hard with me which didn't half do my back in. I had half an hour in my hot tub and felt as good as new, it is the best thing I have ever got and it has done my social life a bit of good as well.
I lit the fire and watched the racing on Saturday which I should enjoy but I do find incredibly frustrating. Only about seven years ago we had the second in the Hennessy with Airforceone and I would much rather be on a racecourse than sitting at home watching it!
We had a big day on Sunday with about fourteen members of the Steeplechasers syndicate coming down to see Fixed Rate and Some Kinda Lama schooling over hurdles.All went well and then we had a very enjoyable lunch down at The Hare afterwards. It has been a very successful syndicate and very well run by both Bill Brindle and Andy Stone who have got things spot on.I am going to launch a club to buy four horses for next season and run it along similar lines to The Steeplechasers so watch this space!
I had a new horse arrive from Ireland on Sunday that my daughter Tildie and I are going to hunt and he looks as if he might do the job.
We have a big weekend coming up with entries at Aintree , Sandown and Kelso so with a bit of luck I won't be sat at home in front of the telly!

No comments:

Post a Comment