Monday 26 September 2016

The vets operated on Baltic Storm on Monday which is a disaster as he has struck into his tendon and will certainly miss the rest of the season . Its a cruel blow for both the owner and us as I really did think he would win a decent race this season and this sort of injury only happens to the good horses !
We put all the garden furniture away as I can't see us sitting out there again but come to think of it we didn't use it much in the summer anyway as it was another wet one .
We had our new horsebox arrive on Wednesday and I must say it is very smart although it was a month late!
We schooled eight horses on Thursday and they all jumped beautifully and most of them are quite forward . We don't have as many as I would like but we have quality horses this year and we've had a very good start to this season.
We went to Worcester on Friday to see if Gowanauthat could stretch his unbeaten run to six ! He ran an absolute blinder and lost nothing in defeat by finishing second to a horse of Jonjo's giving him 7lbs with the 3rd horse a long way back . I think the handicapper will have his say but as he has put him up 41lbs already I hope he is not too harsh .
I spent most of yesterday morning chasing my terrier Lilly round my garden with a frying pan as I am trying to get a urine sample from her for the vets . She thought it was a great game and after an hour I had to retreat to the house for a large gin and tonic and did think about giving the sample myself . The only thing is that the can't be many terrier's that had a bottle of Beaujolais the night before which I thought might come out in the result !

No comments:

Post a Comment