Monday 1 August 2016

I Have been trying Horseboxes for most of last week and have decided on buying a brand new Equitrek. It seems to be the best value for money and we got a good deal. It hopefully arrives in about 3 weeks time.

We have managed to get nearly all the horses in from the field now and most of them are doing road work.We have some nice young horses all with either Point to Point or Bumper form and they look a nice bunch. I have to get my sales cap on and find some owners for them.

We managed to get 3 new members of staff last week and considering the shortage of staff in Racing I think we've done fairly well.

We ran Victor Leudorum last Tuesday at Worcester and he ran a really nice race finishing 2nd at 33/1. On the back of this we should be able to place him to win a race.

We went to Goodwood on Wednesday to have lunch with William & Carey Harrison Allan. The weather was better than most days and we saw some very good racing. It is the only day of the year I wear my man from Del Monte suit so it was lucky the sun was out!

We are very lucky that we have a very good Indian Restaurant in Lambourn and I took Susanna and the kids there on Saturday night which they always enjoy.

I went to Jane Alison's for lunch on Sunday and was very impressed with her set up. She has some nice horses in and she does a good job. We ran Le Legro at Market Rasen and he didn't jump very well and finished 5th. I'm afraid his next outing may be the Sales.

We have a busy time this week with the Sales at Doncaster on Wednesday and then we are off to Sans Sebastian on Thursday as Sureness runs in a flat race there. We have a jockey called Roberto Montenegro riding her and they say he is very good and I have managed to see him ride in a couple of races. She seems in very good form, Sureness and it would be nice to bring home a few euros.

We will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment