Thursday 11 August 2016

Have had a fairly busy week. We went to Doncaster Sales last Wednesday and managed to sell two horses and buy a nice horse called Like The Sound for Paul Mott. He is a good looking horse with form in France and should jump a fence.

I stayed in a very ordinary hotel at Birmingham called Ibis We flew very early to Biarritz. Myself and my two assistants Will Stuart and Evelyn Faber. We arrived at San Sebastian and went to look at the racecourse as we had Sureness running in the big race there on the Monday. We did a lot of research into the town and supervised Sureness having her exercise on the track.

Race day was on Monday and I was suffering from food poisoning haven eaten a dodgy oyster. Luckily Sureness was in great form and managed to finish 2nd under a good ride from Roberto Montenegro. She beat this years Guineas winner and another who finished 2nd in the Oaks.

I was very proud of her and she arrived back yesterday. I have found another race for her in San Sebastian on September 10th and it will suit her more as it's 3 furlongs further. My liver is now recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment