Tuesday 9 February 2016

Tuesday 9th February



On Saturday, we sent Morney Wing to Ffos Las, which I think was an absolute disgrace, as they more than likely could and should have called it off the day before, but they chose to get us all there and then called it off at midday. Will Stuart came to Sandown with me, where I foolishly ran Seventh Sky. He takes his races very well, but in hindsight, he had a much harder race in very bad ground than I had anticipated. He ran very flat and didn't show any spark, so he needs to be freshened up before his next race, but no doubt will be back shortly.

We had lunch with Judy Maynard and her daughter Sarah. We also had a drink with Paul Mott, who was having lunch in the Royal Box.

We schooled a couple of horses on Sunday morning, in the rain. Tildie came round to see me and she was in good form. We then had a very good lunch at Kim Meehan's with a lot of nice people there.

On Monday it was a filthy wet day. It was really miserable for both horses and riders. I really am getting fed up of this weather now, my mobile got soaked and is still out of action.

We sent Fine Parchment to Fakenham and he ran a really nice race to finish 2nd to the odds on favourite. He jumped really well and I think both horse and jockey enjoyed themselves. He should be able to win a race before the end of the season.

I saw Simon Christian in the Co-op.. He came and had a quiet supper last night and we caught up on a few things.

This morning is the first time I've ridden out, so that was rather enjoyable!

We have got entries towards the end of the week, with the likes of Dukes Den and Cody Wyoming, but we are still waiting for some better ground for most of our horses, and I know that most other trainers are in the same boat. It has been very frustrating with the ground as it has been, but I suppose it has to dry up at some stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment