Thursday 12 November 2015

12th August 2015

Denis O'Regan and Harry Bannister came in to ride out on Wednesday - we worked two lots, and used the grass gallops on second lot - Some Kinda Lama worked really well.

I met my new Bank Manager at 12o'clock, who came to see me, as we are moving to the RBS. He seemed like a nice fellow..

Morney Wing ran in the first race at Bangor, and considering he had everything in his favour, I was a bit disappointed with his run; he finished in 4th place. I suspect he may have a small wind problem, which if so, needs sorting out sooner rather than later.

My son William came to stay the night - I took him out with Katya to the Malt Shovel for supper, which I have to say was very good.

This morning we schooled first lot - Mark Grant and Gavin Sheehan came in to help. Gavin schooled Elmore Back and if you want to see poetry in motion, I could watch this horse schooling all day, as he is absolutely brilliant! Some Kinda Lama and Maid of Milan also jumped beautifully. Dukes Den has also taken to jumping hurdles really well and will have an entry in his first hurdle race soon. Expedite was also very good and will make a lovely chaser in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment