Friday 30 January 2015

Frequent Flyer

Katya and I landed at Gatwick airport at nine twenty this morning having returned from our little January getaway. From looking at the picture on the front cover of the Racing Post my suspicions that it may be rather cold in England were confirmed as soon as I stepped through the arrival doors! We had a wonderful time in hot Cuba, it was our second trip out there and once again we discovered some really beautiful and extraordinary places. The team at home did a great job in my absence, there have not been many runners due to the weather conditions but everything has ticked over nicely which is a credit to my staff.
 
Royal Redemption ran today at Chepstow in the novice hurdle, Noel reported he hated the ground but he finished a respectable third. He looked a picture and jumped exceptionally, he will make a great chaser in time.
 
We are sending four horses up to Musselburgh tomorrow. Two run on Sunday and two should run on Monday. There is a lot of money on offer up there and the ground is the best in the country right now. Superb Story runs on Sunday in the Triumph Hurdle Trial and Seventh Sky runs in the novice chase. On Monday Attimo will run in a handicap chase and Murray Mount in the bumper. So it looks like I am heading back to the airport on Sunday morning but this time I will be seeing the Scottish Isles out of the aeroplane window when I land and not the Caribbean sea!
 
Having only just touched down I apologise for the lack blog but hopefully by the middle of next week I will have plenty to report!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment