Monday 11 November 2013

11.11.13

I had a very good weekend as Fine Parchment won at Sandown on Saturday and my team Newcastle beat Spurs on Sunday!

We had just the one runner at Sandown on Saturday but plenty of supporters! I walked the track with Harry Bannister beforehand and under instruction he made most of the running, bar Tingle Creek I have never seen a horse jump so well round that track as Fine Parchment did. In fairness to Harry he let the old boy do as he pleased and gave him a very good ride. Harrys parents and his brother Archie (who was also celebrating his birthday) were there so it was a big family occasion.

We went to Cath Walwyns 85th birthday party yesterday, there were lots of familiar racing faces there. The other highlight of course was the football, our goal keeper made 14 saves which is premiership record!

This morning I rode Shockingtimes who is in very good form, I then thought I would have a quiet canter on Western King. He all but ran away with me up the 'home' grass gallop, then on the way back he reared up (very uncharacteristic!) and lost his footing on the grass and we both fell over! Oliver Sherwood who was up there schooling a couple had to give me a leg back up! I am not sure who was more shocked between him and I as he stood whinnying while I caught him. I hope to run him on Thursday as he is obviously very well still.

I have entered Greyfriars Drummer at Cheltenham on Saturday where he is likely to take his chance. I have also entered Duke Of Monmouth  & Who Owns Me on the same day at Uttoxeter. On Sunday we have Low Gales entered in the boys race at Cheltenham but this is speculative. Who Owns Me has two entries at Fontwell on Sunday and Shockingtimes and Lord Of House have an entry to.

No comments:

Post a Comment