Saturday 17 May 2014

17.05.14

Tuesday morning started with a change of preceding's as my secretary was unable to ride out as she strained her neck, after a re shuffle of the board I rode Portmonarch and Almost Gemini who seemed well in themselves. I then had to man the office for the rest of the day which I found an absolute breeze so I am now reviewing the situation and may take up full time accounting!

We then sent a box to Tim Vaughan's to pick up Gallox Bridge who I previously trained to win his only bumper start. He has been given back to his breeder and we may give him  a couple of runs before deciding how to proceed with him.

On Wednesday morning I took Latelo and Verano to Compton to work them on the grass, they both did a very good bit which I hope has brought them on more ahead of their runs next week. Almost Gemini, Portmonarch, Sureness and Western King stayed at home but did a nice bit of work up the back of the hill. They will all be out again shortly. I have entered Sureness back over hurdles in a mares race on Thursday, I am hoping with the quicker ground she will stay out the trip better.

The horses had a quieter morning on Thursday as they have done quite a bit of fast work recently. I then head off to The Royal Windsor Horse Show to meet an owner Sue Welch to watch her show jumper in one of the big international classes. It was a very enjoyable day with plenty of familiar faces and a good chance to watch another equine discipline.

All the horses did two strong canters up the bank on Friday morning, they all look fresh and well. I declared Seventh Sky at Bangor in the Novice Chase, he has Grumeti to beat but he has the advantage of having jumped a fence compared to the rest of the field so I thought it was a better race than the h'cap at Uttoxeter. I also declared Area Access in the 3m 3f hurdle at Stratford on Sunday, Harry has now slipped to a point behind in the Amateur Jockeys Championship so I am hoping I have picked the right race for another win for both horse and Jockey.

This morning I worked two lots up back of the hill. Sureness worked very well with Western King and Elmore Back worked well with Portmonarch, Elmore Back led but idled slightly in front so next time I will have him in behind but it was good for Portmonarch to be made to do some work as he can be quite stuffy. Latelo had a good pipe opener with Verano.

I have mowed the lawn am looking forward to a nice weekend of watching our horses run as well as some high class racing at Newbury, surely to be followed a few glass of pimms whilst the sun is out!

No comments:

Post a Comment