Tuesday 25 March 2014

25.03.14

Things took a strange turn on Thursday morning when my ex wife bought round her new boyfriend to ask my permission to move in together! I felt like the Pope giving my blessing! With a new lease of life I then took 3 horses to the schooling ground, Airmens Friend, Always Smiling and Verano who all jumped well ahead of running in the next week.

We ran Shockingtimes at Newbury on Friday, he was a fast finishing 5th. He jumped okay but didn't get the best ride in the world, I think he nearly could have won. That morning we sent Who Owns Me up in the lorry to run at Kelso on the Saturday, as it turned out it was an awfully long way to go for a very bad ride to eventually be pulled up.

Luckily I went to Newbury on Saturday rather than heading up to Kelso, we ran Murray Mount in the DBS 50k bumper, he was running well but 2f out he got stuck in the very tacky mud. Sands Cove ran in the 2m h'cap chase, he just found one to good when the winner went clear in to the lead 4f out leaving us on the back foot. He jumped beautifully and although we are still looking for that elusive win with the horse he did run well.

We ran Verano at Wincanton on Sunday, he ran on to take 3rd in the closing stages, his wind was very suspect. We have since managed to get him to Geoff Lane to have a soft palate today, which will enable us to still run him before the summer months, I am hoping he will improve quite a bit for it.

On Monday morning I rode Dragon City who gave me a very nice feel. I also rode Airmen's Friend who felt superb and in need of a run. We put Sureness through the stalls ahead of her run on the all-weather on Wednesday at Kempton, she was very good compared to my helpers who couldn't get the hang of it at all! Duke of Monmouth had an over ground scope, it showed absolutely nothing. It has been very frustrating with him as since he won in November his season has gone down hill and I don't have clue why. We have done all sorts of tests on him and found nothing wrong with him.

I rode Almost Gemini and Sureness this morning who both felt very well. I had declared Airmen's Friend at Fontwell today but I took him out this morning as they had a large band of rain and the ground had gone too soft for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment